Science, Statistics, Politics, Current Events, Photos and Life.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Views and Images from the LA Zoo

It's been two months since my last post.  Been busy.  Busy period not over, but I took some time out for a few picture posts.  This series of three posts are from the Los Angeles Zoo.  This first post is of images that are not animals.

This is a photo of one of the gorilla viewing enclosures.  The zoo did a nice job letting us get very close to the gorillas.  One set of window panes was cracked.  I like the shadows generated by the roof. 
Did I say no animals?  Well almost no animals. 

A photo of the LA Zoo special camouflage recycle bins.  Hard to spot amidst the greenery!

Someone working on the new LA Zoo Asian elephant exhibit. 

Directional sign with plant life in the background. 

Tree roots with Giant Eland stripes right of center.  I worry when I see roots like this.  What might they be planning? 

Combination spider web and sun deck at the zoo. 

Blogger insisted on rotating this figure 90 degrees from normal.  I tried uploading this picture right side up, upside down and rotated either way.  Blogger always rotated the right side up and down figures 90 degrees, and left the other two alone.  This is a picture of the gorilla enclosure, but without gorillas. 

No comments: