Gosh, who would have guessed? And whoever Rancho is, they're relatively quiet -- I couldn't find a web site for them, though there appear to be plenty of government filings.
Somehow I doubt this is in case YOU have an emergency. A copy of the above sign is to the left but, behind the fence. Unfortunately I didn't get the sign below the red pipes.
If the fence didn't clue you in that you weren't welcome. Odd that they are more worried about weapons than anything else. Hmmmm.
A government sign along the way. You can see several signs posted on the fence.
Wow, federal offense to deface, damage or destroy this sign. Don't "d" the sign dude. No mention of extermination, erasing or eradicating. Notice this is a Chevron sign.
For you fire aficionados. Connect here. A little graffiti, and other signs.
This was across the street, and they don't like you to smoke neither.
Rancho's entrance. The sign says beyond the hefty five mile per hour speed limit notice with [my comments in brackets]:
- Extinguish all smoking materials, lights and open flames.[fair enough, all that dead plant life must be flammable.]
- Turn off all radios. [Don't like my music? Sorry to disturb]
- No smoking allowed. [Didn't we cover that already? Or do they get a lot of people trying to barbecue on the property and they need to distinguish what they want extinguished?]
- Only authorized vehicles and personnel are permitted beyond parking area. [So all you unauthorized personnel hang out and barbecue in the parking area.]
- Park vehicles headed out. [We're not friendly. Every second sooner you can leave, the happier we are.]
- Visitors report to office via pedestrian gate. [I'm reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, so mention of pedestrian gates sends a shiver up my back, what if its a portal to another dimension? Will we be able to get back? Can I have my water boarded as well?]
Is that like being on the endangered species list? Be careful with your graffiti, it could lend you in a federal penitentiary.
For those of you who haven't gotten the point yet.
I hope I didn't loiter. For some reason blogger insisted on rotating this photo. I have no idea why. Maybe it got tired of uploading informative sign signs. This sign says ConocoPhillips, the third company associated with this area. The ConocoPhillips sign was pasted over an older name.