Its seemed roughly one third of all the buildings and hotels were undergoing restoration. Active reconstruction was restricted to a very few buildings and to the streets. Even my hotel was undergoing reconstruction while we were in it. That was unpleasant during the day time.
Need to put the railings back on these balconies. And paint the undersides too.
Streets were all torn up. Here is the local tiddly-wink collection.
Nicely taped in blue. I thought it was the usual Miami Beach blue trim til I paid closer attention.
Only the exterior remains. The interior is all gone.
This one is almost ready.
Sinkholes can hit anywhere.
This building was unique in shape and size and I wondered what was in it, and then realized that it was undergoing renovation like all the others.
Nice set of high dives, right into the dry pool. This entire building was closed off.
This looks like its been rotated sideways, but its not. This is a close up of the ground floor doorways from inside to the outside.
Science, Statistics, Politics, Current Events, Photos and Life.
- ► 2012 (67)
- Walls and Spires in Evora
- Evora Tiles
- Evora Doors, Windows, Stairs and Streets
- Signs of Evora
- Arraiolos Rugs in Evora
- Pigs of Evora
- Mannequins of Evora
- Evora Churches
- Evora Portugal Art and Fountains
- Miami Beach Signs III: The Best of the Rest
- Miami Beach Signs II: Signs of the Beach
- Parking Signs of Miami Beach
- Broken Things
- Big Buildings and Balconies in Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Beach Number III: Weather Goeth the Pe...
- Miami Beach Beach Number II: Objects on the Beach ...
- Miami Beach Beach Number I: Approaching the Beach
- Miami Odds and Beach Ends
- Fountains and Art of Miami Beach
- Generalized Tree Boles of Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Plants, Palms and Creatures
- Here's Stairing at You, Miami Beach
- Entranced, I'm Sure
- Miami Beach Chairs and Benches
- Miami Beach White House(s)
- Blue Buildings in Miami Beach
- Miami Beach: Yellow Buildings
- We interrupt this blog for some pictures from Miam...
- ▼ August (28)
- ► 2010 (77)
- ► 2008 (61)