Miami Beach has a fair number of fountains, and also a fair bit of public art out there. The weather has to take its toll on art, and on fountains so they either need maintenance or they need to be out of specialized materials.
Lawn ornament you say? This is no ordinary lawn flamingo. Czech out that paint job. And how many lawn flamingos have a picture of mom tattooed on their necks?
Not actually art, this is the carpet in the Miami Beach convention center. Kind of sporty, kind of fun.
I never went in this park and never saw anyone else in it either. I thought it was perhaps some fancy jungle gym, plus it makes neat shadows, but the sign on the park said it was a sound scape. So perhaps you're supposed to hear things. I didn't hear anything as I walked by.
These stones on the walls were either part of the installation, (they were pretty pretty by themselves), or there to keep homeless people from sleeping on the ledges.
The Royal Palm Hotel with its Royal Palm Fountain in front.
And the script "N" hotel had a script "N" fountain as well.
This is a sculpture of a dove, can't ya tell?
And you can use this fountain to keep tabs on the amount of iron oxide in the water.
Look closely, and you can see the water dripping out of these three faucets, one to the left, one to the right, and one straight down.
Science, Statistics, Politics, Current Events, Photos and Life.
- ► 2012 (67)
- Walls and Spires in Evora
- Evora Tiles
- Evora Doors, Windows, Stairs and Streets
- Signs of Evora
- Arraiolos Rugs in Evora
- Pigs of Evora
- Mannequins of Evora
- Evora Churches
- Evora Portugal Art and Fountains
- Miami Beach Signs III: The Best of the Rest
- Miami Beach Signs II: Signs of the Beach
- Parking Signs of Miami Beach
- Broken Things
- Big Buildings and Balconies in Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Beach Number III: Weather Goeth the Pe...
- Miami Beach Beach Number II: Objects on the Beach ...
- Miami Beach Beach Number I: Approaching the Beach
- Miami Odds and Beach Ends
- Fountains and Art of Miami Beach
- Generalized Tree Boles of Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Plants, Palms and Creatures
- Here's Stairing at You, Miami Beach
- Entranced, I'm Sure
- Miami Beach Chairs and Benches
- Miami Beach White House(s)
- Blue Buildings in Miami Beach
- Miami Beach: Yellow Buildings
- We interrupt this blog for some pictures from Miam...
- ▼ August (28)
- ► 2010 (77)
- ► 2008 (61)